All articles submitted for consideration by the JOxCSLS should conform to the following guidelines:
I. Contributions submitted to the journal should be original work.
Authors should indicate that their submission has not previously been published elsewhere and is not under consideration by any other publication.
II. Contributions should fit within one of the following sections:
- Articles (5,000 – 7,500 words including footnotes);
- Book reviews (no longer than 1,500 words including footnotes);
- Law and Society Today (no longer than 2,000 words – including footnotes)
- Socio-Legal Objects (no longer than 2,000 words – including footnotes)
- Wire from the Field (no longer than 2,000 words – including footnotes)
It is recommended that authors refer to the currently published issues as a guide to the style and content of each section.
III. Contributions should conform to the following style guidelines:
- The OSCOLA referencing style must be used. Authors are responsible for ensuring their submission conforms with OSCOLA’s requirements;
- Submissions must be in .doc or .docx format, double-spaced and in 12 point Times New Roman font;
- Authors for whom English is a second language may choose to have their manuscript professionally edited before submission to improve the English. A list of independent suppliers of editing services can be found at www.blackwellpublishing.com/bauthor/english_language.asp. All services are paid for and arranged by the author, and use of one of these services does not guarantee acceptance or preference for publication;
- JOxCSLS requires its authors to follow the rules of British spelling.
IV. In order to facilitate feedback for the author, author names and contact information (institutional affiliation and e-mail) will be posted online with the published articles.
V. All publications are reviewed anonymously.
The submission form provides for contact information to be supplied separately to the document containing the main text. Please ensure your main document does not contain any identifying information. If using Microsoft Word, go to Document Properties and ensure author-identifying information is removed.
V. JOxCSLS reserves the right to reject any submission, without further review, that its editorial board believes does not abide by these guidelines, in whole or in part.
Acceptance of a submission for publication does not necessarily indicate a favourable judgment of a paper’s content on the part of JOxCSLS, including its editors, the Centre for Socio-Legal Studies or the University of Oxford. All responsibility for the content and views expressed in each article remains solely with its author(s).
VI. JOxCSLS, including its editorial board, reserves the right to amend any of the aforementioned guidelines at any time.
Do you want to submit a paper?
Papers should be submitted through this form.
Thinking of submitting an article but not sure if it would be a good fit? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.