The Journal of the Oxford Centre for Socio-Legal Studies (JOxCSLS) is currently calling for papers for Issue 2, 2018 and future issues. The JOxCSLS is an international online and open access peer reviewed journal established and edited by graduate research students of the Centre for Socio-Legal Studies at the University of Oxford.
Deadline for submissions to next issue: 30 July 2018.
The JOxCSLS welcomes submissions in the following categories:
- Academic articles: between 5,000 and 7,500 words (footnotes included);
- Law and Society Today: 2,000 words on the socio-legal relevance of a topical issue or event;
- Socio-Legal Objects: 2,000 words on socio-legal observations related to or inspired by visual arts, music, architecture, or everyday objects;
- Wire from the Field: 2,000 words on experiences of socio-legal fieldwork or methodological issues;
- Book Reviews: up to 1,500 words on recent monographs or edited volumes of relevance to Socio-Legal Studies.
All submissions should have clear relevance to the field of Socio-Legal Studies broadly construed. Please refer to the current issue and online archive for examples of the types of papers published by the JOxCSLS.
Please refer to our authors’ guidelines when preparing your submission. We regret that we are unable to accept submissions that do not meet the guidelines.
Papers should be submitted through this form.
Thinking of submitting an article but not sure if it would be a good fit? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.